Silver & Fit ®
What is the Silver&Fit Program?
The Silver and Fit exercise and healthy-aging program is provided by American Specialty Health. Silver and Fit is a fitness program designed specifically for older adults. You may get access to Silver and Fit as a Medicare beneficiary through many insurance companies’ Medicare Advantage and Supplement plans.
How to enroll in the Silver&Fit program
Certain Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans include the Silver and Fit program as a benefit. Some people may also get access through a group retirement health plan.
Silver and Fit eligibility depends on two criteria:
- You must be 65 or older.
- You must be enrolled in Medicare.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, you just need to be enrolled in a Medicare Advantage or Medicare Supplement plan that includes the Silver and Fit fitness benefit. To find out if you’re eligible, you can check with Silver and Fit.
You’ll need to accept the Terms and Conditions, then enter your first name, last name, and birth date. If you’re eligible for the Silver and Fit program, follow the steps to enroll online.
Benefits of the Silver&Fit program:
Silver and Fit Locations
Once enrolled in Silver and Fit, you’ll get access to a fitness center membership that includes a vast network of over 14,000 fitness centers and select YMCAs. To find a participating location near you, enter your ZIP code on the website. You can then search among fitness centers that take part in the Silver and Fit program.
You’ll select the fitness center or YMCA that you want to attend on the Silver and Fit website. If you want to switch fitness centers, you may do so once per month.
These are the types of Silver and Fit-approved fitness centers:
- Basic fitness centers: For exercise and training that protects your heart and increases your strength, look into the Silver and Fit basic fitness centers. Available equipment may include treadmills, elliptical machines, free weights, and more.
- Full fitness centers: These gyms offer a wide range of heart-healthy and strength-training services. You may also be able to sign up for classes like yoga, Zumba, or the Silver and Fit Signature Series exercise program.
- Gender-specific gyms: If you prefer visiting a fitness center designed for particular genders, you can choose one that is Silver and Fit approved.
- Exercise centers: These locations offer services beyond your standard gym or fitness center. Amenities vary by location but may include lap pools, saunas, yoga, Pilates, or sports centers. Contact Silver&Fit.
- To access Silver and Fit online, see the Silver and Fit website.
- Call Silver and Fit at 1-877-427-4788 (TTY/TDD 711)
- Email Silver and Fit at FitnessService@ashn.com
- Mail Silver and Fit at P.O. Box 509117 San Diego, CA 92150-9117
In addition, we partner with RENEW ACTIVE and ONE PASS SELECT – (see logos below).